Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Monday night..

I saw this homeless man walking when I was getting off work. I was having a bad night, of course. He ended up crossing my path and he stopped. He looked at me and said how are you doing tonight miss? I replied i'm okay, just okay. I looked at him and asked how he was? He looked at me with this huge smile and said i'm good.. i'm always good.. i'm good knowing i have another day to live. Then he walked away. And i don't know why it affected me so much, but it did. I mean i was standing there wallowing in my self pity, knowing that i have the world at my feet.. while he is roaming the streets without a dime to spare, but he is happy.. he is genuinely happy. That takes courage and a different kind of power.. that i truly hope i know one day.

No comments: